The Army Xeropain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Threatening message

+2
janeysaurus
k2onic
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Threatening message Empty Threatening message

Post by -Not Fro 14.06.08 3:47

Hello, my user name is MedicTrash and I am the leader of a small band of friends under the flag of the -NFP-. Our alliance was started by me when I started the game and noticed how many towns there were named Polis. I made it a mission to do whatever I could to spread awareness of how to change the town name and some of the dangers of progressing with a town that remains to be called Polis. Last week, our numbers had grown to a size where we were confident that we could start with our missions and a generic diplomatic statment was prepared. We sent this message to all towns named Polis, about 30 in all so far, and waited for responses. Most people find it humorous, as we certainly do, and thanked us for the message. However, one person so far has threatened us and backed their message with your clan name. For reference, here is the message that was sent out:

On the 12.06.2008 1:48 MedicTrash wrote::
> Hello Ajax! First off, let me welcome you to the Ikariam game. I am the leader of the alliance know and the -NFP-, or Not From Polis. You might have noticed that your town name is Polis. What you might not know is that there are hundreds if not thousands of towns that are also named Polis. This is the default name that is assigned to any new town that is added to the game. Our alliance was founded out of disgust from all the towns named Polis and our goal is to convert as many as possible. It is very easy to change the name, all you need to do is click on your town hall, and look at the top right corner of the screen for a button that says "rename". It’s that simple and by doing so, you remove the clutter that is spreading across the Ikariam universe day by day. We hope that you enjoy your stay here and look forward to seeing what name you come up with. Once you get your third town established, we would love to have you join our alliance.

Here is the reply:
But I wouldn't...
I think my brothers won't be happy if I don't join the alliance they have founded it is called TAX and they might TAX u for waisting my time...

So my obvious concern is that a message sent out in good faith to try and help what appeared to be a new player has now turned into a situation where we might have to defend ourselves from the 4th largest alliance in the Lambda world. I would like to know if the message that was received shares the sentiments of your alliance so I can inform my members to either leave the alliance to save themselves or prepare for war. It is certainly not our intentions to be threatening with our humble plight to rid the Lambda world of all towns named Polis through education and gentle persuasion, so I don’t see why this individual chose to reply in such a manner.

Lastly, if in fact he does not know anyone in your alliance and is bluffing, we have no problem taking care of him for you.

Good day, and thankyou for your time.

MT

-Not Fro

Back to top Go down

Threatening message Empty Re: Threatening message

Post by k2onic 14.06.08 5:30

I will look into it to see if this Ajax is a member of TAX or not. 2nd of all, there is not much point to starting a war based on the actions of one player, unless of course those actions are from the leader. What do you do if players don't actually change their towns named Polis anyways?
k2onic
k2onic
Emperor

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-04-30

http://xeropain.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by -Not Fro 14.06.08 6:00

As stated in the in-game message, we aren't aggressive with players that don't change their name. Actually, here is a copy of the message I made when I founded the alliance a month ago. This is posted on the ikariam message boards under the ally introductions:

Brief description of Alliance: This alliance is dedicated to one thing, and one thing ONLY. The complete and utter destruction of all towns named Polis. Our actions to ensure that these unoriginal towns get what they deserve may include: A stern talking to, shaking of our fists, public ridicule in the form of graffiti on their Town walls and if needed, two slingers, with frickin laser beams attached to their heads, will be dispatched and turned loose to do as they wish until the towns change their default names to something more original. Crusaders who wish to join must pledge their undying allegiance to the cause. It also helps if they have a hot sister.

I would hope that people can see the humor in this and aren't really afraid of slingers with laser beams attached to their heads. We’re just trying to have some fun and reduce the number of towns named Polis. So we aren’t out looking for any wars, especially with large alliances. Thanks for providing a forum to discuss this in, my main concern is for the safety of my members. If Ajax is indeed a member and he and his brothers feel the need to attack, I would appreciate it if they come after me and not the rest of my alliance.

-Not Fro

Back to top Go down

Post by ak83 14.06.08 6:23

Hello - I'm ak83 - the general of NFP.

We were just wanting to make sure that this guy was talking out of his butt...which he is seeming to do. He's dropping your Alliance name out of the blue and subtly threatening that you guys are going to come in and "tax us"...which si really not a cool thing. I'm sure you guys don't want this guy using your alliance name to justify his actions if he were to actually bite off more than he could chew, y'know?

If they don't change their names from polis, we dispatch them with waves upon waves of schoolchildren singing "this is the song that never ends..." to weaken their defenses, then our 2nd prong of our attack strategy is to drop leaflets over towns advising them of "imminent danger" posed by the Communist Regime of UzPolistikan, a new Soviet-bloc era country. We inform them that the only way to avoid the mighty wrath of the schrewd and crafty "UzPolistikan" is to change their names form Polis.

Or something to that effect :p

ak83

Back to top Go down

Post by -Not Fro 14.06.08 6:33

See, I told you we have alot of members with senses of humor. Looks like the General is off his meds again. Rest assured, we hid the big red button that launches the nukes, so were at least safe from that. I have no control over the singing school children though.

-Not Fro

Back to top Go down

Threatening message Empty LOL

Post by ak83 14.06.08 7:11

LOL! yes, I have absolute control over the schoolchildren! After all, the cast of "children of the corn" needed something to do, right? Why not join in the cause?

ak83

Back to top Go down

Post by janeysaurus 14.06.08 8:03

OMG, I love you guys. lol!

Hehehe, if any TAX tries to attack you, I will protect you! We need more humor in this game! Weee!

Though, as any one who's ever talked to me for more than 5 minutes knows, I do fear the EVIL SLINGERS of DOOM!
janeysaurus
janeysaurus
Legatus Legionis

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ncane 14.06.08 8:08

o...m...g...
Ncane
Ncane
Legend - R.I.P

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jboc 14.06.08 8:17

Not Fro: I have sent a force to each of your towns of between 20-36 steam giants with 4-5 catapults each. I would have threatened you first, but seeing how you hate that, I skipped it.

jboc
Tribunus Laticlavius

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by janeysaurus 14.06.08 9:22

Don't mind jboc...he's stinky and has been breathing in his own stink fumes for so long, it made his wee little head mushy.
janeysaurus
janeysaurus
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by -Not Fro 14.06.08 11:13

Steam giants are no match for slingers with frickin laser beams....so were not worried. If we have enough time to prepare before they get there, well make cake.

-Not Fro

Back to top Go down

Post by ak83 14.06.08 18:16

hope y'all like Chocolate cake... ooh! we need ice cream as well! Cool

Although, there are secret plans that I am overseeing, involving the training of dolphins as stealth undersea fighters. With a massive supply of fish to fuel this dolphin-powered navy, we will wreak havok on those who do not capitulate! Be afraid, be very afraid! affraid

ak83

Back to top Go down

Post by -Not Fro 15.06.08 6:45

It seems that the issue has been resolved, he sent me the standard "My brothers wrote that...lol" reply when I asked him why he felt the need to be so hostile to such a friendly message. He even changed his town name to "Not Not Polis", isnt that flattering. So now I am waiting for the official "we aint never heard of him" reply from TAX and we will loose an army of slingers of which has never been seen before to his level 3 town. They arent even going to bring rocks, just 600 to 700 slingers standing shoulder to shoulder marching from one end of town to the other knocking crap over. Unless you guys would rather handle it. Either way, a feel beating is required one way or another.

-Not Fro

Back to top Go down

Post by janeysaurus 15.06.08 7:34

Well, you know, I haven't heard of this guy, and that's all that really matters.

Unless he really is Ajax, the son of Telamon and Periboea. Or the cleaning solution. Then I'm lying and I have heard of him.

In any case, his Not Not Polis is a double negative and just a tricky way of calling his town Polis without seeming to call it Polis. You should attack with your 600 laser-beam slingers.
Only, instead of having them all stumbling around knocking trees down and trampling bushes, you should send them one at a time.

I like buttercream frosting. Very Happy
janeysaurus
janeysaurus
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by -NFP- 15.06.08 7:43

In all seriousness, I make the best buttercream frosting on the planet. You have to take Insulin with it or you will die. Almost immediatly. And I didnt even catch the double negative, making it Polis again. It takes 18 hours to make 100 slingers, those worthless suckers ought to create immediatly.

-NFP-

Back to top Go down

Post by janeysaurus 16.06.08 8:07

Hehehe, that's not buttercream frosting, that's POISON!!!

Well, ok, if it IS that good, then maybe it's worth it....at least I'll die happy. Very Happy

You need to use your dolphins to train your citizens into slingers. If you get the dolphins to learn how to run on land, BAM! Insta-slingers!

It'll help if you attach fangs on the dolphins. Oh, and your fish market will be a goner.
janeysaurus
janeysaurus
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by ak83 16.06.08 9:14

Squeaker (my fiance) makes the best buttercream frosting...sorry. Perhaps we should have a bake-war and the winner recives the title of "unsurpassed, unequivocal, supreme sucrose star" and win the keys to our cities, and keeps the dentists in each of our towns busy for the next two millenia.

ak83

Back to top Go down

Post by k2onic 17.06.08 6:53

or the title could be called "the diabetes queen" or something like that
k2onic
k2onic
Emperor

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-04-30

http://xeropain.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ecmanaut 20.06.08 4:10

Bashy alliance likes -NFP- alliance. And Janey. And smooches! (Bashy likes many things.)

Bashy now in hard negotiations to make peace with powerful -NFP- adversary.

But maybe Bashy confuse good Janey bribery material with good -NFP- bribery material.

ecmanaut
Servus

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by -NFP- 20.06.08 10:11

The NFP gladly accepts peacy treaties from all associated with TAX, especially if the peact treaty is written on cake. We look forward to furthering our alliance and enjoying the many good things that manifest from having allys across the map.

-NFP-

Back to top Go down

Post by janeysaurus 20.06.08 21:35

Hehehe, that's great!

If you want, you can keep us up to date on your "No More Polis" missions...hehee, I like reading other people's msgs so there's now a section where people can post theirs. Very Happy

We likes cake with buttercream frosting. Very Happy

Last edited by janeysaurus on 21.06.08 20:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am a dumbass)
janeysaurus
janeysaurus
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Torzan 21.06.08 1:15

yes, i second that, keep us updated on your battle against polises.

never really thought much about polis. until i started raiding three different polises at once. try doing that and not bashing. it's a pain.

Torzan

Torzan
Legend - R.I.P

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by janeysaurus 21.06.08 3:58

Hahahaa, torzan!

Last edited by janeysaurus on 21.06.08 20:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am still a dumbass)
janeysaurus
janeysaurus
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Threatening message Empty ajax

Post by pathfind 21.06.08 9:41

I am his brother, I sent the message in the hope he got pillaged. I have tried pillaging him 5 times but he logs in to our users and turns the attacks back...

pathfind

Back to top Go down

Post by jboc 21.06.08 19:32

o hahahaha. We can pillage him if you like Smile

jboc
Tribunus Laticlavius

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content